Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government

Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
GovHK is the one-stop portal of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government, making information and services of the public sector easier to find and use.

Hong Kong-U.S. Relations

Hong Kong Commercial Relationship with the United States
The site details the commercial relationship between Hong Kong and the United States and why Hong Kong is an important location for U.S. interests.

American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham)
AmCham is one of the largest American chambers outside the U.S., the largest international chamber in Hong Kong and the most dynamic and influential international business organization in the Asia-Pacific region.  On this site you'll find out about AmCham services, programs, publications and advocacy. 

U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong
The U.S. Consulate General is the official representation of the United States government in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR)

Trade and Industry Department
The Trade and Industry Department is responsible for conducting Hong Kong’s international trade relations, implementing trade policies and agreements, as well as providing general support services for industries and small and medium enterprises.

Hong Kong Monetary Authority
HKMA is the government authority in Hong Kong responsible for maintaining monetary and banking stability.

New York representative Office

Hong Kong Monetary Authority
115 East 54th Street
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 486 8738
Fax: (212) 486 7280
Web site

Immigration Department
The Immigration Department, apart from controlling the movement of people into and out of the HKSAR, also provides services including the issue of HKSAR passports and other travel documents, visas and identity cards, the handling of nationality matters and the registration of births, deaths and marriages.

“Do I need a visa?”
You will need a visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HKSAR.  However, you may not need a visa or entry permit for visit, depending on your nationality / type of travel document you hold.

Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
The objective of the Scheme is to facilitate the entry for residence by capital investment entrants.

Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
The Scheme seeks to attract highly skilled or talented persons who are fresh entrants not having the right to enter and remain in Hong Kong to settle in Hong Kong in order to enhance Hong Kong’s economic competitiveness in the global market

Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK)
Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) is an editorially independent broadcaster.  Its mission is to provide high quality radio and television services, with the emphasis on news and current affairs.  Topical issues are covered extensively, through factual and balanced reports, analysis and debates.